No one knows better than a farmer how important it is to plan for sustainable growth. With that in mind, we've gathering together some resources to help our Food Hub partners create a solid business plan. Food Hub partners are welcome to contact us for more information on accessing these resources.
FREE One-on-One Business Consultation Services:
O`ahu Small Business Development Center (http://www.hisbdc.org/)
· Provides business advice, in-depth analysis, and plan development to help business owners improve productivity, financial efficiency and revenue growth
· http://www.hisbdc.org/OurServices/BusinessAdvice.aspx - Visit this page to register (click on link at bottom of page that says "Click here to sign up...")
Tip: It is best to be as specific as possible - whether in business already, for how long, what need help with (i.e. expanding, marketing, etc.)
The Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership (https://www.mcblhawaii.org/)
· Provides counseling on topics such as business planning, access to funding & lending options, business rules & regulations, marketing and cash-flow management.
· To make an appointment, please fill out the form here (go to bottom of page and click on orange button that says “View In-take Form”): https://www.mcblhawaii.org/services/
· or call (808) 695-2635.
FREE Online Learning Resources:
Small Business Administration (SBA) (https://www.sba.gov/tools/sba-learning-center/search/training)
· SBA offers over 60 short online courses covering topics like:
· How to Write a Business Plan, Growing an Established Business, Introduction to Pricing, Social Media Marketing, Legal Requirements for Small Business, and more.
· Each course is 30 minutes long, has a text-accessible version, and materials that go along with the course (worksheets, checklists, templates, rescues, etc.)
SCORE Hawai`i https://hawaii.score.org/content/browse-library-27
· Articles and other resources on topics such as Growth Strategies, Sales, Business Plans, Legal Issues, etc.
SBA: Minding Your Business – Marketing/Social Media
Tues, April 11, 9-11am at FOR'EWA Pono Office
· 1001 Kamokila Boulevard, Suite 133, Kapolei, HI 96707
SCORE Hawai`i: Build An Online Reputation That Drives More Clicks, Calls and Sales
Thurs, April 13, 7am
· Live webinar, Duration: 1 hour
Program for Growing Agricultural Businesses:
GoFarm Hawaii/UH Agribusiness Incubator Program (AIP)
· Provides personalized one-on-one business consulting for aspiring or existing agribusinesses. This includes producers as well as others in the local food chain such as value-added manufacturers, distributors, etc.
· Services include developing business plans, marketing plans, grant/loan/lease applications, as well as helping with startup, marketing, financial analysis/accounting, product development/launch, and project management. We often serve as de-facto board of advisors for our clients.
· Initial consultation, strategic planning, and general business advice are provided at no cost to accepted applicants. For other services, the program charges highly subsidized fees graduated by client business revenues.
· Requirement: you are growing or using local ag products in Hawaii, priority given to business benefiting Native Hawaiians.
· Visit www.aiphawaii.com to download application form.
Resources for Beginning Farmers:
· The Kohala Center - Beginning Farmer-Rancher Development Program - http://kohalacenter.org/farmertraining
· GoFarm Hawai`i - http://www.gofarmhawaii.org/
· GoFarm Hawaii/UH Agribusiness Incubator Program (AIP) - www.aiphawaii.com