Today we were thrilled to provide lunch and a salad dressing demonstration for the Diabetes Prevention Program at Queen's Hospital. Thanks to Chef Jesse, we're happy to share that dressing recipe here!
- 1 clove garlic or small piece ginger, peeled
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- zest of one organic orange or lemon
- 1/2 cup mango
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 - 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, add garlic or ginger, apple cider and balsamic vinegars, zest, mango, salt, pepper, and honey.
- Start blender on low speed. Very slowly drizzle olive oil into blender to incorporate.
- You're done!
Remember, you can customize this recipe as much as you like. Try different sweeteners such as agave syrup or maple syrup. Substitute any citrus you like. Use whatever fruit is in season, or instead of fruit, try different fresh herbs. Try always to use organic produce to avoid ingesting chemicals that may be on the skin of citrus fruits or on your herbs.